Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Best Medicine

Last night, my husband and I laughed so hard we were both crying. The joke was at my expense, and it didn't even matter. We laughed and laughed and then kept laughing some more. It felt SO GOOD.

On many days, we fall prey to "the grind" or "the routine". It's not necessarily negative - I mean, we have things we need to get done! Our dogs need walking, children need feeding, bathrooms need cleaning! After we finally regained control of ourselves, I said "Whew! That felt really good!" It was like I extricated every ounce of stress from my body with just a few minutes of laughing!

It's true it can be hard to force a laugh, but I'm going to feel encouraged now to focus more on life's little idiosyncrasies that can be an excuse to just laugh!

1 comment:

  1. Laughing is the best medicine and it helps when the poeple surrounding you love to be silly too! Looking forward to lots of laughs this weekend! ~Emily

    ReplyDelete