Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Get Uncomfortable!

Habits keep us comfortable. I don't think often about my habits, but today as I was making a sandwich for lunch I did something different. It was a small action, but it made me feel like a completely different person.

I cut my sandwich in half down the middle, rather than diagonally.
I know - it's borderline lame that I'm even writing about this. But seriously! After I did it, I stopped and wondered: "What on Earth made me do that?" I can't even remember the last time I did that. Why did I change my way of cutting my sandwich TODAY?
Anyway - I have no idea why, but it made me smile. I feel silly, but it made me happy to think that I can still surprise myself. With all this self reflection and learning I do, it's refreshing when things happen for no darn reason at all and capture your attention.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I've heard before that we get so set in our ways and what we do that we're not using our mind, so it's very healthy to switch things up even if it just means driving home a different route or cutting your sandwich a different way!

    ReplyDelete